Meet Queen Delaney Wilkins | Scituate, MA
What We'll Do
- Design modular and convenient storage units
- Make adjustments to Delaney's safety bed to increase ventilation
- Organization medical supplies and clear bedside area so her mother can more-easily maneuver her
- Design inter-changeable "stimulation art" which will be accessible from her bed
- Design a Physical Therapy space in a small spare bedroom where Delaney has space to move around and build her strength
Delaney is a sweet, sassy, bright, happy 11 year-old who is determined to defy what doctors have told her mother she wouldn't be able to do. Delaney suffered a birth injury causing cerebral palsy and a seizure disorder. She is nonverbal, and was told she would never be able to sit up on her own.
However, Delaney is strong, and is able to sit up and maneuver around her safety bed. She can also communicate through a device that tracks her eye movements.
Delaney requires a G-tube for feeding, daily medications, and general supplies that all need to be easily accessible. Corner Kingdoms goal for this room design is to de-clutter the small space, and provide ample storage solutions and organization.
Delaney's theme will be mermaids and pirates --two of her favorite things!